I love cooking this pork with chayote stir fried in teriyaki sauce. It is delicious and very simple to prepare. This recipe won’t take you long to cook as it will only require about 15 minutes of preparation and 8 minutes of cooking time. In under 30 minutes you can have a delicious meal!
Both the meat and vegetable must be cut into thin slices for quick stir fry cooking. I always marinate the meat before stir frying. It gives the pork that tender and juicy texture.
I’ve also posted a separate video for making the sauce. The sauce recipe yields about 1 cup of teriyaki stir fry sauce. You can use this teriyaki sauce on any kind of stir fry dishes. You’ll only need about 2 Tbsp of this sauce for the recipe. If you want a stronger flavor, add additional Tbsp of sauce.
Pork With Chayote Teriyaki Stir FryPrint This
- Sliced Pork 1 Cup
- Chopped Chayote 2 Cups
- Garlic 1 Tsp
- Onion 1/4 Cup
- Red Bell Pepper 1/4 Cup
- Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce:
- Soy Sauce 1/4 Cup
- Teriyaki Sauce 1/4 Cup
- Brown Sugar 1/4 Cup
- Sesame Oil 2 Tbsp
- Garlic 1 Tsp
- Ginger 1 Tbsp
- Pork Marinate:
- Salt 1/8 Tsp
- White Pepper 1/8 Tsp
- Cornstarch 1 Tbsp
- Water 1 Tbsp
- Prepare teriyaki stir fry sauce by combining sauce ingredients. You will need about 2 Tbsp for this recipe.
- Slice pork into thin pieces.
- Combine pork with salt,pepper,cornstarch, and water. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat pan and add 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Add pork and stir fry for 3 minutes or until there is no more pink color.
- Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chayote and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add teriyaki sauce and stir for 1 minute.